Monday, February 8, 2010

My Dad


My dad passed away on January 29. It's been a sad time for me and my family but I am comforted by the thought that he is happy resting in the arms of Jesus and Mary. If you would, please pray that he rest in peace.

Last night, I made this pretty satchel bag from the French General Home Sewn book. I got the Waverly material from a tag sale. The lady is an interior designer and had loads of pieces and bolts of fabric everywhere. I scooped up quite a bit that day!
My sister-in-law has been extremely helpful and supportive the past few weeks. She helped bring my mom back and forth to the hospital, helped with the wake and funeral arrangements and read at my dad's Mass, despite a nasty cold and laryingitis. I'm pretty sure she's much better, but I'm bringing her a pot of chicken noodle soup, oatmeal-cranberry muffins and tapioca pudding tomorrow; all in the bag. I hope the meal hits the spot and gives her a nice night off from cooking and the bag totes around her stuff in style.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue I have been praying....wish I could do more. I've been down and out with back pain the past week. Remember to lean on Jesus - it's what you're supposed to do Mama. xoxo

Cheryl said...

Hi Sue!
Been lifting your family up in prayer since I got your email. Praying you will find comfort and peace in the Lord.

p.s. love the bag for sis. Isn't waverly fabric yummy?

BumbleBee Bagz said...

My prayers (like always) are with you and your family!

ps: love the bag!

DonnaTN said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! It is good to have family support in tough times.

MaureenP said...

What a sweet surprise to have a visit from you, Gary and the little girls today -- I LOVE the bag -- it's me! You know that I was happy to do my small part - I loved your dad and will always remember how kind and patient he was. I will always remember you tucking him in for the last time. What a beautiful expression of love.

Sally T. said...

Your bag is adorable, Sue - and I know from experience how nice it is to get one of your bags filled with yummy stuff. Your thoughtfulness is bound to be making your sad days shorter in number. God loves you, and so do I.
Sally