Monday, October 10, 2011

New Sewing Chair & Quilt Show Pics

I picked up this chair at Saver's, a thrift store chain much like the Salvation Army, for $2.99. It was an old, oak school chair with a plastic seat cushion, a bit dirty and not so pretty. Looking beyond the obvious, I saw an adorable look-a-like DIY project that I had pinned on my Pinterest, here. I cleaned it up, sprayed it a pretty color blue, covered the seat in red and white gingham and made a cute little pillow from some scraps I had. Viola, my new sewing machine chair! Pretty cute, huh?

Over the weekend we enjoyed our small-town country fair. One of the highlights (for me, anyway) is to go to the Old Meeting House and look at all the hand made quilts the area townswomen have made over the past year.

The meetinghouse itself, is an enjoyable visit. It's very rich in town history.

Makes me want to dig through some of my stash and materials I have on hand and get busy! Are these quilts beautiful, or what?

No comments: