Thursday, February 21, 2008

Needleroll

I have been pretty busy lately working on a couple projects, but don't have any pictures to show yet. So I thought I'd post one of my projects that I completed about two years ago. I simply love to do needlework; all kinds, really. I used to belong to a counted embroidery group; a lovely group of women that I miss terribly. Life has gotten too busy for me and gas too expensive to travel the hour or so it took to make the meetings, so I gave it up. However I haven't given up actually doing needlework! I haven't done a lot lately as knitting and sewing has been my passion, but I do have a few hand embroidered projects lined up. As soon as I get something done, I'll let you know.
This particular piece was worked on linen with silk and beads. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's a very pretty piece that hangs on the mantle over my fireplace. I know the pattern was free, but I can't for the life of me remember where I got it from.

No comments: