Friday, May 1, 2009

One More Spring Top & Happy May Day!


My third spring top of the week is Simplicity 3835. I really like this top alot... easy and cute BUT I made the wrong size! Silly me, thinking I could get away with a smaller size. It wouldn't have been so bad but it was pretty tight through the bustline. So, I gave it to Kaleigh and it fits her nicely; a bit loose on her but surely wearable. I will make myself the next size up though. I'd also like to make this in a more giving fabric; maybe gauze. I didn't get any other tops finished for the week and I'm kind of disappointed in that, but I will make a couple more. I have one cut out and waiting to be sewn and one other that I bought all the goodies for: rick-rack and buttons. So it looks like I have three more tops to make before I call it quits on the tops. This has been a real fun challenge and I will do it again next year if Rae decides to hostess again. And because it's May first...

my little ones made cards and helped me bake cinnamon buns for the neighbors. It's been a long-standing activity through all my kiddoes where they run over a neighbor's house, drop their home-made goodness and run away and hide. They watch the neighbor open the door, pick up the bag and SMILE! The kids enjoy this so much, I love to watch, too, and the recipients really like it! Happy May Day!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

The top came out cute. Sorry it to hear it was too small, but looks like it will fit Kaleigh for a while.
Those cinnamon rolls or whatever they are look yummy!

Bunny Chick said...

The top looks great, though too bad it's too small for you. Those cinnamon buns are making my mouth water! :)

Anonymous said...

I like this one! I'm heading over to Joannes tomorrow to buy some patterns and fabric. I might be late for the challenge but I am sure excited about making some spring tops!

Darling Petunia said...

Cinnamon buns...mmmmmmmm. Send me some!