Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Life for an Old Chair


Our comfortable, old green chair was in a bad way. The dog chewed the bottom skirting off. It bothered me for a while but only when I looked at it. I chose to ignore it. Then when we recently repainted the room it just stuck out like a sore thumb. I decided instead of buying a new chair "we" would cover it, somehow. So I went down to Affordable Fabrics where all fabrics are $2.00 a yard, yes, including the mega wide decorator fabric, and bought a few yards. I thought the floral print was really pretty and would go very nicely with the color of the room. That's where my end of the "we" ends.

Here's the finished product. Isn't it pretty? I wish I could take credit for it but I can't. My husband dressed it up all by himself. He measured, tucked, pinned, and sewed all without a pattern. What a guy, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too embrace reusing...and Thanks for another great tip for getting a bargain!