Sunday, April 25, 2010

Clothespin Bag


My grandma always made me and my mom clothespin bags. For as long as I can remember, we both had them; when they became worn my grandmother would make new ones. Well, my grandma has been gone now for eighteen years and my clothespin bag is long gone, too; my mom's is hanging by a thread. My mom wanted me to pick one up for her at Walmart. I knew I had a pattern to make one in one of my sewing books, Sewing In No Time, so the other day I made one especially for her. I took a quick pic as she's been here for the weekend is taking it home today. It brought a smile to her face when I gave it to her and makes me happy to know it has a nice new home. Happy hanging, Mom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too remember these....in our family it was an old apron refashioned ;-)
Nice job! Bring on the laundry!!

Tracey said...

Beautiful! So vintage- much better than store bought. :)

Cheryl said...

Love the clothespin bag although I don't love hanging clothes on the line. Love the choice of fabric you picked. So pretty.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a sweet tradition to carry on with your Mom!