Wednesday, October 31, 2007


Our treats are ready for the witches and gobblins that will come visiting this evening. My little ones will be dressed as Pooh, a lion, and an 1800's colonial woman. They're terribly excited today!
A tradition that's been carried over since my childhood: kielbasa and potato salad for dinner...
Ever since I was a kid, my mom would make that for supper on Halloween. She said it was quick and easy after she got home from work, and us kids were just itching to get out the door to go trick-or-treating. So when I got married and had my own kids, I carried on the tradition. I'm not a huge fan of the meal myself, but my kids like it and ask for it every year. Even my oldest, who's 23 says, "Mom, don't forget, kielbasa and potato salad..." Yes, I remember....

No comments: