Monday, November 9, 2009

Roses Zippered Work-Pouch and Fall Biscornu


My needlework guild meeting is Tuesday night and my needlework pouch was looking pretty shabby. Last night I decided to make a new one to bring my supplies in. I used the same pattern I always do found in Bend the Rules Sewing. I changed the size to better suit my needs. I had some pieces of ribbon, lace and buttons in my stash to use as embellishments.
This is the inside of the pouch. I've used this same fabric combination before when I made a rosary holder. I liked it so much I put away the little bit I had left (I think I only purchased a fat quarter of each, anyway) and was tickled when I found I had enough to make myself a needlework pouch. I had some pieces of ribbon, lace and buttons in my stash to use as embellishments. At least now I have something cute to carry my stuff in tomorrow night.

This is the front and back pieces I cross-stitched over the month. We'll be learning how to put together a biscornu. I've never made one before so this will be new for me. The acorn and leaf border is the back and the one with the green center is the front. Do you see the little acorn buttons? I'll put one on the back and possibly one on the front. We'll see. When it's completed, I'll take a pic to share. I'm looking forward to my meeting tomorrow night. It's with a great group of women and I always have a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty handwork. I can't wait to see the finished project on the Biscornu.
Love the needlework pouch. Anything with pink is lovely to me. Pretty fabric. Don't you just love it when things work out?