Saturday, November 7, 2009

Christmas Handbag for Mom


A new handbag was in order for Christmas gift-giving for my mom. I found the perfect fabric for her and I think, the perfect bag pattern. What do you think? I used the Bucket Bag tutorial from the Creative Little Daisy blog (see sidebar) and her directions were very clear. No rip-outs! A rarety for me! I used the tutorial from the Sew-Mama-Sew blog for inserting the magnetic closure. I was pretty worried about that as I've never done one before, but that turned out really easy. I still have a few more things to make in between knitting a few hats for orders. I've been keeping myself busy and out of trouble... how 'bout you? What are you all creating?

4 comments:

BumbleBee Bagz said...

absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I really love the handle for this fabric! great choice. Love the fabric too (btw). What a fabulous gift for Mom!

HRH Sarah said...

That is a darling bag! I hope you get lots of orders for your lovely hats. I'm working on dishcloths and sweaters; hope I get them done before Christmas!

Cheryl said...

oooh, I love the fabric you used and that handle is so feminine. Love that.
I will be making a few sets of cathedral window ornaments for some family and friends, some quilts and some gratitude wraps.