Friday, December 16, 2011

Gingerbread House and Mittens

We're just finishing up a bit of schoolwork this week and will be at our half-way mark for the year! Time for a much needed break! The girls decided to make a gingerbread house one afternoon this week. It turned out very cute!

I've been busy with several projects that I hope to have done by Christmas. The brown mittens are for my sister-in-law. I used Red Heart yarn (which, quite honestly, I snobbishly have refused to use in the past) and was surprisingly pleased with the feel and outcome. I think they will be warm and very durable; they can be thrown in the washer and dryer without worry! I am making the cream colored pair for Kierra out of Loops and Threads Impeccable. Surprisingly, this yarn is a pleasure to work with too, and I think they will be a very serviceable pair of mittens for her. I'm using my favorite pattern, here, although I do change the top of the pattern so it doesn't come out quite so pointy.

3 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

It is amazing that you can do all those things, homeschooling, knitting, sewing, crocheting; you are very talented.

Christine said...

Hi! the link to the mitten pattern doesn't work...it doesn't go anywhere. Can you tell me which mitten pattern you use?

I am busy looking over your blog and smiling a LOT! very nice.

Sue said...

Hi Christine,
You're right, that link doesn't work :( and now I know why! The pattern is now sold on Ravelry for $3.00. I'm sorry about that. It really is a great pattern, though, and worth the $3.00. Here is where you can find it now:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-mittens-pattern
Thank you so much for your kind words, and you too, Cheryl!