Saturday, June 28, 2008

Japanese Knot Bag


I made this Japanese Knot Bag for Kaleigh's birthday. When the quilt store was closing shop, I picked up a few pieces of material and a few fat quarters at bargain prices. The outside fabric is one of the fat quarters. I first learned of the bag on Junie-Moon's blog (see side-bar) and followed her blog over to the designer of this bag over here: www.showyourworkings.wordpress.com/tutorials. This lady's blog is wonderful and her tutorial is great. Her directions are very clear and the bag is easy to make. I like it so much I'm going to make two more for myself and one more for Kaleigh. I want one to bring with me on vacation as it's a small hand-bag that won't weigh me down, and I'd also like one to use as a knitting sock bag. Kaleigh would like that too...

3 comments:

islandgirlA/alicia in Hawaii/Alicia DR Hankins/ The RealW8 Cook said...

Hi Sue,
I love this little bag! You know I'm going to have to make one now!!! I'm heading over to the links that you gave to learn how to assemble it. I'll post my progress on my blog. Thanks for such a cute picture and a great little idea.
smiles,
alicia in Hawaii

Cheryl said...

Sue,
You have been sewing like crazy lately. I am loving all the sweet projects you are making.Thanks for sharing the links and your cute bag.
Cheryl

BumbleBee Bagz said...

I love this bag. It would be such a cute little bag to carry around. I have to go check out the tut. I must be just stupid because I have yet to figure out a tut that people can understand....lol!