Monday, June 16, 2008

Tote Bags





Two tote bags that my daughter and I made. Mine is the light denim with yellow and blue floral inside and my daughter's is the darker denim with the pink and white floral inside. The pattern is from the book Simple Sewing. The directions are very clear and this bag was easy to make. My 13 yo daughter made hers by herself with no direction from me. They have a front, outside pocket for a newspaper or magazine, a side, outside pocket for a water bottle, and two inside pockets, one for your cell phone and the other for keys or sunglasses. It's a great tote!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Kudos to your dd for sewing it all by herself. That's fabulous. My dd took home ec. this year and learned how to sew. Since school has been out she has made two new skirts for herself. LOL, she sews better than I do. She actually knows how to install a zipper...properly. : )
Love the bags!

BumbleBee Bagz said...

those look nice and roomy!

Amy E Ekblad said...

You ladies are so talented!! I'm constantly amazed at your work. My Hannah would love to live with you!