Friday, August 21, 2009

Ironing Board Cover


This little project has been on my 'to-do' list for a long time. My old ironing board cover was disgusting. I decided I needed a new cover but the ones in the store were not quite as cute as some bright, cheerful fabric I could find in my stash. So today was the day to make the cover. I used the "pattern" in Sewing In No Time. Of course, there really wasn't a pattern, more of a 'how-to'. The directions were, as always in this book, very good. I'm not sure that the new cover will make me want to iron more, but at least the fabric makes me smile.
Yesterday was a bit more fun as we...

spontaneously decided to head to Rhode Island at about 10:30 in the morning. A little late start for the beach, but in the end it didn't make a bit of difference. We had a beautiful beach day, with lots of sun and swimming. The water was the perfect temperature and the waves were just right for riding in. I hope we can pick a day next week and have a repeat... it was a great day!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sue,
Great job on the ironing board cover. I have that same book. Can't remember if I did a review on my blog or not, but I love the projects, the directions and the beautiful photogrpahy in that book.