Sunday, December 2, 2007

Icelandic Lace Shawl




I have a new project on the needle: an Icelandic Lace Shawl. I got the kit from Sarah's Yarns, at http://www.sarahsyarns.com/ for a mere $25.00 and the pattern free online from http://www.knittingdaily.com/. The finished shawl is beautiful. I know I can do the pattern, but the problem here is the time and peace and quiet needed to actually think and knit. I did the cast on last night, 339 stitches in a crochet Chain Cast On: Provisional Cast On. I got the directions for that at http://www.stitchdiva.com/. I just love the internet!
Anyway, I got two rows completed, and had to go to bed :( I hope to do a few more rows today. I think this will be one of the those pieces that will be slow but worth it. I don't know how much time I'll have to work on it as the little ones inturrupt my thinking so I'll need to do that when they're asleep... which is usually when I'm asleep... ;) so we'll see how it goes.

Cupcake Hat
I'm also working on a cupcake hat for my two year old daughter, Caressa. She was born 8 weeks early, and since she was a teeny-tiny baby, I've made her the most adorable hats. I did the same with my other daughters, but not quite as much. I figure I need to get the most mileage out of these cutesy hats as I can, because once they realize what's on their head, they won't wear them anymore!


This one will be a quick knit. I'm using Vanna's Choice yarn, which for an acrylic yarn is pretty nice and just perfect for a child's hat. I got the pattern free here: http://www.nakedsheep.com/.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I found your blog through the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap, and I love the stuff you have made. I am totally in awe with you for homeschooling seven kids. I'm impressed that you have seven kids! Where do you find any time to do anything?

Janey said...

I was so excited to find this post since I have decided to try different lace knitting patterns. Do you have any pictures of your finished lace shawl? I, like Beth, am so impressed that you find time to do all these projects with seven kids! Thanks for sharing such a great talent with the rest of us :)