Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby Washies Directions


I made a few of these baby washies to give as a gift. I like them so much I'm going to make a few sets for my own kiddoes. Here's what I did and you can, too:
Cut a piece of flannel and a piece of toweling fabric in a 6"x6" square. Round the corners.
Cut a piece of ribbon about 4"-5" long..........
Put the two pieces of cloth, right sides together with the folded end of the ribbon placed inside the fabric sandwich with the two ends sticking out. This will be on one of the corners.
Pin with one pin on each side so the fabric doesn't slip.
Sew around, leaving a 3" or so opening for turning. Clip the corners.
Turn.
Iron flat and tuck in and iron the unstitched opening.
Top stitch the edge all the way around.
If you make them assembly-line style it goes much faster!

No comments: