Saturday, July 18, 2009

Little Bag of Goodies for Cassidy


Cassidy's birthday is coming up on Tuesday. I've been picking up a few things for her here and there over the past month and this is one little thing I put together for her. See, I saw these adorable bags on the Homespun Living blog (see side bar) and I wanted to try to make one. Through a lot of trial and error (lots of error) I now think I know how to make a decent one. You would think it would be easy, but the knitted bottom, with making the outside one piece kinda threw me off. My measuremetns were way off and I ended up having to cut my knitting (steeking). That's the first time I ever did that and I'm thankful I tried it on a small project. Not hard, but oh, so scary! Anyway, the bag's measurements are horrible; too long and skinny, but I didn't want to throw it out, so I made it into a little bag for Cassidy. I don't think she'll pick up on my mistakes! I tucked in small bottles of Bath and Body Works shower gel, a pink shower puff, and a hair brush.
Another little thingee I made for her was a starfish zippered bag with a little starfish charm hanging off the zipper. Real cute. I wrapped it before I took a pic. Inside I tucked in some pretty nail polishes and nail stickers. Turning the grown up age of nine, you know...
Well, we'll be off for nearly a week at the beach. I'm looking forward to the relaxation and family fun. I think we all need to get away. I'll catch up with y'all when I get back.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sue, I think your daughter will love this gift. So very sweet. Your bag looks great. I have always wondered how she made those bags as well. You are right, Cassidy won't notice your mistakes...She'll love all the goodies inside and she'll especially love the bag 'cause you made it.
Have safe travels and enjoy your time at the beach.