Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Back

It feels like a coon's age since I last posted. A lot has been going on. As you know the hubs is home right now so my days are really messed up. We went on vacation which was real nice. I love the beach, and getting away with the family was a lot of fun. We had a couple mishaps, though. Our first night away my son called and said there was alot of smoke in the kitchen. Turns out the 'fridge went kaput. When we got home we had to buy a new one. Normally that wouldn't have been too big a deal, but while my husband is out of work it's not what I needed to spend $1,000 on. And then when we came home my husband clipped a curb with the trailer and we ended up making a 2-1/2 hour ride home 7 hours! Oh, yes, lots of fun when you're waiting for AAA and they can't find a tow truck big enough to tow away your camper. I'm so glad we re-upped with them as it was a $900.00 tow! The camper is now sitting in the side yard waiting to be fixed. Can't even think about that right now.
But it wasn't all bad... two of the boys enjoyed a day deep-sea fishing, we went to a cook-out at my brother's house in RI, and visited the beach a couple times, too.
Since we've been home I've been terribly busy with my MODG consulting work and taking the nice days and going to the resevoir with the family and sitting out at the pool. My husband said he could get used to this retirement thing! Yea... don't think so...!
So take a peek at some random pictures from our vacation (including how it ended!) and I'll soon be back with hand-made Christmas plans and a few completed projects, too. Oh, and don't let me forget the garden!!!




5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey Sue!!!
Missed ya girl! So glad you can laugh about it now...well, it seems like you can laugh about it now. I am glad all the fun was had before the camper incident happened.
Can't wait to see your new projects.

Cheryl said...

Almost forgot. Did your daughter like her bday gift?

BumbleBee Bagz said...

Im glad you had a good time....and you got back safe...all that really matters!

Anonymous said...

glad you had a nice vacation! Sorry to hear of the mishaps.....glad no one was hurt. I'll be posting about my vacation sooooon......just finishing up our trip here in ME at my sisters. Bitter-sweet going home :-(

Lori Holt said...

Oh wow- you really made memories with thet trip didn't you? I'm glad you didn't lose your sense of humor...all is well in the end.
x Lori