Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Visit to WEBS

Ah, what a fun day! We went to WEBS, the yarn store. If you ever come to western MA, you just have to go there, if you love yarn. The store is quite big, huge really for a yarn store. They have every kind of "good" yarn available, and so many patterns, samples and all kinds of knitting related items. I bought my Winter Coffee Swap partner her yarn today, and some other goodies, too. It's terribly pretty... I sure hope she likes it.
Kaleigh is knitting Cassidy a doll and doll outfit for Christmas, so she bought some yarn for the dress: a very pretty blue wool. Once she got home, she took out her needles and socks that she's been working on, and got the 'ol knitting needles fired up! Even though she should be working on the doll, she said she's itching to get the socks done after seeing so many pretty sock yarns! After I walk the treadmill tonight, I'm going to work on the fingerless mitts I'm making my sister-in-law for Christmas. I'm using Patons SWS soy wool. It's so pretty. I thought one skein would be enough, but now I'm not so sure. If not, I'll have to go buy more tomorrow. So tonight looks like I'll be watching The Birds and knitting the mitts. All over a nice, hot cup of coffee... and brownies, too. It can't get much better than that now, can it?

No comments: