Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gardens and Grounds








I've been busy weeding some of the gardens this week and thought I'd show you some of my hard work. I've yet to figure out how to post a picture and write under underneath, so until I learn that little trick (anyone willing to help me?) I'll just tell you what all the pictures are and then just scroll down.
The pic with the Blessed Mother is in the front of the house. It was overgrown a bit and in need of weeding so I did that the other day.
The pic with St. Francis is a strip in front of the fence by the pool. I did that strip yesterday, both on the outside and inside of the pool area. It was HOT! I went for a swim after doing that patch. I still need to go around the rest of the perimiter, but not today. We have a beautiful garden withing the pool area that is in need of some weeding, so I'll take a pic of that as soon as my hubby gets to that area. It really is just beautiful with all perenials.
The pic of the blue/purple flowers is in the same area. Those flowers are different and very pretty.
The fence has some pretty flowers that come up every year and I do very little by way of weeding there.
The yellow flowers at the edge of the woods come up every year and I just admire those... I never tend to the outer edges of our property... too many woods that harbor all kinds of wildlife, including bears... honest!
And last but not least half of the veggie garden. The other half needs weeding so I won't show that until it gets weeded. The garden is coming in very nicely and I'm patiently waiting for our first ripe tomatoe!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey Sue, Looks like you have been busy. Everything looks great.

To post right under the picture...when I am signed in to my blog under new posts, I upload the pic I want and then type right underneath it and then post other pictures and type some more. Not hard at all.
If you need help, drop me an email.

BumbleBee Bagz said...

when your done there come on over! lol!