Sunday, March 22, 2009

Simple Wreaths


I'm fighting off a little cold this weekend and decided to take it easy. Yesterday was spent getting in a day of school and simmering a pot of soup on the stove. Today, I really wanted to get out and enjoy the sunny weather. We took a drive to Mansfield as today was the first day of the flea market. Lots of people selling stuff. I came away with two wooden spoons. Not much... didn't find anything I was hoping to find. But, as we were driving down a back country road, I spotted this wreath hanging on a front door. It was so tackily cute that I had to stop at AC Moore on the way home and pick up those plastic Easter eggs and grapevine wreath to make my own. It now happily hangs on my front door!

Seeing I had the glue gun out and all, I took out the box of hydraneas I cut from my parent's bush late last summer. They dried very nicely. When I cut those blossoms I had in mind to make them a wreath for Christmas. That didn't happen, but I did manage to make it today. I will give it to them for their anniversary in April. It isn't perfect proportion wise, but I'm happy with it. My mom will love it, if for no other reason, that it came from her bushes!
I'm going to try to push myself for a little walk tonight, but other than that, I can be found lounging on the couch with a nice cup of hot tea and a knitting project in my hands.

No comments: