Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A(nother) Day Without Meat


I decided that for Lent this year, I would not eat meat on Wednesdays or Fridays. I got the notion from my friend and fellow blogger Wendy, over at Pine Needle Garden (see side-bar) and also from the Granny Miller blog. Now, I won't fast, as fasting makes me feel NOT good. I don't know if it's a blood-sugar thing or what, but I can not eat meat with no ill-effects. So I plan on sharing my Wednesday and Friday menus with y'all. Most things will not be anything out of the ordinary but thought I'd share, anyway. So here's what was on for today:
...Breakfast...
Poached egg on toast
Banana, peach, yogurt smootie
...Lunch...
Tuna sandwich
raw carrots
...Snack...
Apple
Cup of Coffee
...Dinner...
Cream of Cauliflower Soup with cheese
Garden salad
Pumpkin/chocolate chip bread, grilled
...Snack...
Mixed berries, partially frozen w/dollop of fresh whipped cream
Coffee or tea
If you'd like the recipes for anything you see here or in the coming posts, let me know and I'll add it in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh what a grand idea to share what you ARE eating ;-) I am going to do the same! And by the way - Dropped Egg on Toast is one of our FAVORITE lunches...especially on home made bread.