Monday, April 20, 2009

A Peek Into My Kitchen


Remember all that painting I was telling you about? Well, my kitchen is painted and nearly all decorated. I used a Benjamin Moore paint and was trying to get a 'vintage' feel to the room. I still have to make a wall hanging for the main wall, which I didn't take a pic of just yet, but thought I'd share some of the kitchen that is done. I picked up this bowl before I knew what color my kitchen would be. I just couldn't resist as it reminded me of my childhood; ya know, Snap, Crackle, Pop!
I thought I'd make good use of this shelf. I used to use it to hang some country"ish" things but found it to be dusty and useless. Instead I decided to hang our pretty aprons on it.

When I was shopping a few weeks ago, I went into an antique store and purchased a pretty vintage table cloth and hand embroidered, round centerpiece. I put it on the table last night before I went to bed. Oh, did it look pretty. This morning the girls were up and eating breakfast. We're talking twenty minutes into the day. They spilled milk all over it. Nope, cloth still doesn't work here... so instead this afternoon I went to the hardware store and picked up this vinyl, flannel backed table cloth. I LOVE it! Again, it takes me back. Just the look I want.

I was a busy bee this afternoon. I remembered I had this pretty green and yellow fabric in my stash. I bought it a couple years ago and intended to make one of the girls a skirt from it. I zipped up a valance and got the rod at the same time I got the tablecloth, came home and hung it up. Perfect match! And still some left over for that skirt I'm gonna make...

Remember this set up in my other room? This nook is a much better place for this work-center.

Oh, and these two little pictures are counted cross-stitch I did several years ago.
Thought this little wall space was a nice spot for them. I'll be back with more room
transformations... I'm on a roll!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you and I grew up in the same house LOL Brings me back - THANKS!!

Cheryl said...

Love all the touches you put in place in the kitchen. Thanks for giving us a peek