Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring Top Number Two


This is the second top I made, Simplicity 4589. This one gave me a bit of trouble. For some reason, I couldn't get the neckline to line up right. I ended fudging the entire neckline. It came out O.K...not perfect, though. It also is a bit short. I'm long-legged and short-waisted anyway so it would probably have been fine except that I like to wear low-rise jeans so I would have liked the top to be just a bit longer. I should have checked that beforehand, but didn't. If I were to make this top again, which I probably won't because it gave me so much trouble, I would choose a more giving fabric; something more flowly, lengthen it, and redesign the neckline... which is a joke because I have enough trouble just following a pattern, let alone redesigning it! Anyway, I'll wear it just the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, redesigning the neckline.....that's the artist in you deary. I bet you could build a whole blouse from scratch ;-) It's a cute top!

Cheryl said...

Oh, sorry to hear the top gave you such a fuss. It does look great on you though...and again, I am loving your fabric choice.
LOL about it being a joke to read a pattern. I am the same way. I leave apparel making up to my daughter.