Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Top Week is Here!


Wow, that came awfully fast! Remember I posted about this weeks ago? The Made by Rae Spring Top Week officially began today. I have three tops done so far. I'd love to squeeze one or two more in by the end of the week, but I don't know. Anyway, here is my first top: Simplicity It's So Easy 2962. It was very easy and fits me quite nicely, too. I used a soft cotton blend material I bought last year. I loved the print then and now that it's sewn up, like it even more. I will surely make another top from this pattern.
If you'd like some inspiration to get you going, click on my sidebar on the Spring Top pic thingee and visit Rae's blog. She has lots of links to other people's tops and a free pattern by her! It looks like a fun week ahead!

4 comments:

Bunny Chick said...

That looks fabulous, Sue! The print looks so pretty, too!

I haven't yet tried my hand at sewing clothing, but you're making me want to try.

Rae said...

Hey Sue! Just saw your tops pop up today on Flickr...looks great! Look for one tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I am once again inspired to get going on my sewing after reading your posts. Sorry I missed the prayer shawl night. Rain-check - please!

Cheryl said...

wow, it looks like there are a lot of ladies ready for spring. I just checked the flicker. Loving the styles and fabrics you are using on your tops.